Re: [equinox-dev] Query in upgrading Equinox

You probably should open a bug and give the details on how to reproduce.  A stacktrace may also help and the error log if it exists,  At this point I don't understand what is going wrong and I am not sure what to suggest.

With the Luna release (framework org.eclipse.osgi version 3.10) there was a major refactoring of the framework implementation.  It is certainly possible these changes introduced the situation that is causing your failure.

Tom

From:        jayant sable <jayants232@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        05/12/2016 01:28 AM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Query in upgrading Equinox
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm using org.eclipse.osgi 3.8.1 jar in my project for bundle loading purpose.Now I'm trying to upgrade the equinox version to 3.10.1 but facing some issues. When I debug the code I found that some code in osgi class "ListenerQueue.class" is throwing ClassNotFound Exception for one the  bundle that I'm loading. I'll explain to the flow.

It starts from setStartLevel() in EclipseStarter class then it calls fwkStartLevel.setStartLevel()
from ModuleContainer class. After that flow goes to dispatchEventAsynchronous() in ListenerQueue class where It throws the exception in eventThread.PostEvent() method.

I really have now clue why its throwing Class not found exception.

Argument Which is going to eventThread.PostEvent() are

osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.osgi"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.10.102.v20160118-1700"; singleton:="true" [id=0]=[Lorg.osgi.framework.FrameworkListener;@6b23cd35]=org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel@7b758986

with eventAction = 1 and eventObject = 6.

Can you help me with this as I'm stuck here and unable to find workaround.
Also how much different are the jars org.eclipse.osgi 3.8.1 and org.eclipse.osgi 3.10.1 from each other. Because I found on web that Various changes are made in latest equinox as compared to 3.8.1. And I suspect this is the reason why I'm unable to run my project.

Thanks,
Jay