Re: [equinox-dev] Ensure that a plug-in is valid for Mars but not for Neon

Mickael is correct.  There is no capability defined which indicates the eclipse release name.  The version dependencies are what should be used.

Tom

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        02/24/2016 03:26 AM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] Ensure that a plug-in is valid for Mars but not for Neon
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 02/24/2016 10:22 AM, Lars Vogel wrote:
What is the recommended way to define that a plug-in is valid only for Eclipse Mars but not for Eclipse Neon? I currently use a versionized manifest dependency to core.runtime with a max value but I'm not sure if that is the best approach.
A plugin doesn't really care if it's Neon or Mars, what matters is more the version of its dependencies. Instead of checking the version of core.runtime, it seems better to identify the bundle or package that makes the compatibility and to put the restriction on this one directly.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at