Re: [equinox-dev] Accessing the log without Activator (extends Plugin)

Looking at the source code, ILog is not an OSGi service but is constructed as a wrapper object around the OSGi LogService. The relevant code is in org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.

Do you need the full functionality of an ILog, or is standard OSGi LogService sufficient? If the latter, then you can use a DS component and just inject a reference to the LogService. If you really need ILog then I think you have to go through InternalPlatform.getDefault().getLog().

Neil