[equinox-dev] OSGiServiceSupplier

I posted on http://alblue.bandlem.com/2015/10/osgi-services-in-java-8.html earlier today about using Java 8’s Supplier to acquire a service on-demand without having to do expensive client-side coding, and that would fail fast in the absence of any OSGi classes and return null in such situations.

I’d like to contribute this to Eclipse so that it can be used in places where Declarative Services aren’t the right solution (specifically; for integrating in where places have static Log or DebugOptions classes).

Which would be the right project/bundle to contribute this into? Clearly it could go into something like Platform or Core.runtime, but I wondered if it might be sensible to have this in equinox.util or equivalent.

Alex

Back to the top