[equinox-dev] Uninstall feature problem

Hi,

I am facing some strange behavior when uninstalling a feature and would like to ask if I miss something here or if this is a bug:

For my custom RCP I provide some add-on features that users install using a zip package. The zip provides a full update site using features. Installation works fine, but now some users sadly want to uninstall such features, too.

When uninstalling from Installation Details/Installed Software, the entry gets discarded. Unfortunately all jars in the plugins folder remain. Even worse: extension point implementations of such plugins remain visible and working in my RCP, even after a restart.

Same applies if I use the Installation History and try to revert to a previous version. Even deleting versions there does not help.

How can one cleanly uninstall a feature?

thanks
Christian

Back to the top