Re: [equinox-dev] Can I get logging corresponding to 'diag'?

Hi,

The best workaround I've found in order to discover what is going wrong in a test with a paxexam running with equinox due this missing logging information was to setup a remote debugging.

That way you can connect into the running equinox and use some console commands as "ss" and "bundle" to discover which bundles are in trouble.

in order to do that you need add the proper vmOption in your test configuration method:

    @Configuration
    public Option[] config() {
        return options(
                vmOption("-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"),

and add a breakpoint into any test code to give you time to connect to equinox before test to end.

regards,

Cristiano

http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart-framework.php is a
bit misleading, I submit, as it seems to suggest that you can just
download the jar and run it without any configuration.

Also, for those of you interesting in the logging question, see:

https://ops4j1.jira.com/browse/PAXEXAM-726