[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] New felix resolver 1.4.0 in equinox framework and custom release?
- From: Christian Schneider <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:48:22 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
the apache karaf community plans to release apache karaf 4.0.0 on friday
or saturday. There were some very recent changes in felix resolver that
went into the just released version 1.4.0 and felix framework 5.0.1. As
the karaf feature service also uses the resolver we would need these
changes in equinox.
For karaf we do not plan to create a custom release of equinox. So we
will ship karaf with the current version of equinox but it will not
completely work this way.
We are also building a commercial product based on apache karaf 4. So
for this product we plan to create a custom release based on the last
stable equinox + felix resolver 1.4.0 sources. I am a bit confused about
the naming of the tags in the git repo and in general which release I
should build upon.
On http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/ I found the latest release is
LunuaSR2 which seems to include
org.eclipse.osgi_3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar. There is no such tag in git
though. Inside the jar in the Manifest I found that the tag seems to be
In the maven repos I also found a 3.10.100 release from the tycho project.
So I got some questions:
- When is the next planned release of the equinox framework that would
contain the new resolver sources?
- For my custom release which tag of equinox should I base my fork on?
- I would like to create a suffixed version for my custom release so it
can be easily distinguished from the original equinox release. I tried
several variants like 3.10.2-Talend or 184.108.40.206 but all lead to an error
during the build. So how can I create a suffixed custom version?
- In maven central there are several artifacts for the equinox framework
(org.eclipse.osgi). Which of these is the official one from the equinox
Open Source Architect