Re: [equinox-dev] Latest release of org.eclipse.equinox.region bundle

I looked at this in some more detail.  It does appear there is an issue (in the latest version also) where uninstalled bundles may cause this NPE if they are in the 'removal pending' state when another bundle is installed with the same symbolic name.  Could you open a bug on this and give some details on what scenario caused the NPE?

I don't recall if the specification requires removal pending bundles to be considered as collisions when new bundles are being installed.  Looking at Equinox it appears we consider removal pending bundles as collision candidates.  I'm assuming the felix framework does the same.

Tom

From:        Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Date:        05/28/2015 07:39 AM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] Latest release of org.eclipse.equinox.region        bundle
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

You can find the region bundle in the equinox SDK for Luna at http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/R-LunaSR2-201502041700/download.php?dropFile=equinox-SDK-LunaSR2.zip

The latest available builds for the upcoming Mars release is
http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-MarsRC2a-201505222000/download.php?dropFile=equinox-SDK-MarsRC2a.zip

I'm not aware of a fix that went in to address this NPE.  It seems that there is a bundle that may have gotten uninstalled while another bundle is being installed?  Have you tried running subsystems on the Equinox framework?  Does it reproduce on the Equinx framework?  Is this a timing issue or it always happens?

Tom