Re: [equinox-dev] equinox console optionality of available commands

For shutdown and close I am for removing them.  They are redundant.  The exit command is not redundant and I have had use for it on occasion.  Would not be opposed to adding an option to disable exit.

Tom

From:        Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/26/2015 02:14 PM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] equinox console optionality of available commands
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I understand the desire to remove exit since that does a System.exit.  But shutdown and close just do a system bundle stop.  You  likely don't want to disable the stop command altogether, but if you don't the user can still easily run 'stop 0' to get the same thing as shutdown and close.  BTW, I am fine with removing shutdown and close altogether since they are the same as 'stop 0' really.

So, would you prefer complete removal over a property which disables individual commands (where the default is to leave everything published like now)?

- Ray

Tom