Re: [equinox-dev] Jetty version for Luna?

One clarification.  The specification for the Http Whiteboard is nearly final.  As Raymond stated, there are a couple of 'small' loose ends they are finalizing now.  I think we are pretty good shape that the spec will be finalized in the next 1-2 months.  That does not necessarily mean the final specification will be published.  Just that the expert groups at OSGi have finalized the document and it is out for the final voting and approval by the OSGi Alliance.  In the mean time there most certainly should be a final draft version of the document available to the public for early review/access.

As Ray said, the current plan is to include this in Mars and it has already been included in the Mars builds for several milestones.

Tom

From:        Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/11/2015 01:51 PM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] Jetty version for Luna?
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/11/2015 11:31 AM, Raymond Auge wrote:
So far, that is the case.

All the Mars builds since M4 have the latest, greatest equinox.http.servlet which implements, as of last week, all known parts of the R6 http.whiteboard draft.

Cool!  Thanks Ray.

Feedback is very welcome.

Ok.  I hope to get to using it in ECF Remote Services tutorials/examples during next two months (prior to Mars).   What's the best forum for feedback and/or questions about the impl?  On this list?

I know this is an eeg question for you, but I'll ask it here because of context:   Is the expectation that R6 will be finalized in time for this impl to get all the latest into Mars?

If I understand the timeline of Mars (which you should not count on... ), then that is the plan right now.

- Ray

Thanks,

Scott

Raymond AugĂ© (@rotty3000)