[equinox-dev] OS X native launcher build

Hi,

While currently trying to build natives on the Eclipse FoundationiInfra (see cbi-dev ML for information and https://hudson.eclipse.org/cbi/view/natives/ for builds), I hit an issue with Mac native launchers.

Don't take the green status of https://hudson.eclipse.org/cbi/view/natives/job/cbi-launcher-macosx-x86_64/ for granted. It is actually failing.

The issue is that features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/pom.xml starts features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/library/carbon/build.xml which itself starts features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/library/carbon/build.sh

build.sh takes arguments about the platform to build but build.xml does not set any.

pom.xml on the other hand defines the variable "native" as a string "ws.os.arch". So I updated build.xml to take these string and split it to be able to run build.sh accordingly. See my patch here https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/43538/. With this patch, I am able to properly build native launcher my local OS X with the command "mvn clean verify -P build-individual-bundles -Dnative=cocoa.macosx.x86_64 -f rt.equinox.framework/features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/pom.xml"

Another issue is with the "mvn clean". It was not triggering the "build.sh clean" in the end, so I update the  features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/pom.xml for that too (https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/43539/1).

Do you agree with my analysis and solution? Thank you for your feedback.

Mikael

Back to the top