Re: [equinox-dev] Access Tomcat lib jar from Equinox Servlet Bridge

Yeah, this is what I figured but it's not going to be as easy as that.

1) you'd have to share the JSP api of the app server through the bridge via the system bundle (As you've found) .. it's not easy and may lead to huge dependency battle
2) you can't use the JSP servlet of the webapp under which the bridge is running because it's not designed to handle your resources inside of osgi
3) you _may_ be able to instantiate your own JSP servlet from that impl but I assure you that you will soon want to shoot yourself in the head with how complex it is to get the compilation to work across the bridge ... perhaps even impossible

You are FAR better to ignore the JSP support of the app server, and go with one that's already able to run from within the osgi container.

There are a couple impl that I know of:
- equinox has one
- PAX-web also has one
- can't recall if the felix project has one (I don't think so, they were smart..)

Lastly, JSP is not easy, trust me.

I have 2 main suggestions for you:

1) go with a known existing solution (as indicated above)
2) forget about JSPs completely and go with some other view tech

Sincerely,
- Ray