[equinox-dev] Inherit package from Tomcat bootstrap classpath

Hello there,

We have an application jar that has a run-time dependency on com.sun.javadoc in JDK tools.jar. So I tried to add this line to config.ini, (we use Servlet Bridge in Tomcat 6)

org.osgi.framework.system.packages=com.sun.javadoc

But when restarted Tomcat, the Equinox framework failed to start. I am pretty sure tools.jar is in the classpath since it worked for the other non-OSGi webapp; also, I can see this in system properties,

tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip = ...,tools.jar,...

Here is my parent classloader config in launch.ini,

osgi.parentClassloader=ext
osgi.contextClassLoaderParent=ext

So, why framework could not start when the line added to config.ini? and should I change "ext" to "boot" (which I will try next ...) or "fwk"?

Also, should I consider wrap tools.jar? or any other options?

thanks!!
David

Back to the top