From:        Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        2014/07/11 04:38
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] Resolver Problem with guava and e4        (javax.annotation)
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams wrote:
> I notice in Orbit, all our "javax.annotation" bundles follow the import
> what you export pattern .... that's good, such as
>
> *Export-Package*: javax.annotation;/version/="1.2.0",
>  javax.annotation.security;/version/="1.2.0",
>  javax.annotation.sql;/version/="1.2.0"
> *Import-Package*: javax.annotation;/version/="1.2.0",
>  javax.annotation.security;/version/="1.2.0",
>  javax.annotation.sql;/version/="1.2.0"

Is this "import what you export" best practice for *all* javax.* bundles
in Orbit? As far as I can see, some of them don't follow this policy
(javax.xml.bind, for example, whose packages are also provided by the
system bundle provides at least from Java 7 onwards) and I am wondering
whether it's worth opening bugs for this.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH