[equinox-dev] bug or not

Hey all,

I have to write code as follows in a ServiceFactory impl in order for my factory to always return the same instance per bundle running on equinox 3.8.0.v20120529-1548

public HttpService getService(
Bundle bundle, ServiceRegistration<HttpService> registration) {

HttpServiceImpl httpServiceImpl = serviceMap.get(bundle);

if (httpServiceImpl != null) {
return httpServiceImpl;
}

httpServiceImpl = new HttpServiceImpl(
bundle, contextController, legacyServiceIdGenerator);

serviceMap.putIfAbsent(bundle, httpServiceImpl);

return httpServiceImpl;
}

This seems clearly wrong as per the spec.

It's certainly calling the getService method of the ServiceFactory which I'm guessing means it's not incorrectly registered.

What could I be doing wrong? Was this ever a bug in equinox that was later resolved?

--
Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect

Back to the top