jars.extra.classpath = platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.osgi/osgi/osgi.annotation.jar

Aren't these repos "theoretically" standalone for the purpose of building?

- Ray

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For what its worth, the equinox build does build against the OSGi classes from other bundles in equinox.  BJ says, people should also not compile against an OSGi framework implementation to get OSGi packages.  That may be true, but in equinox our bundles most definitely do compile against org.eclipse.osgi to get the core osgi packages because in our build org.eclipse.osgi is considered just another bundle.  That is just how our mavin/tycho build works.

Other than that tidbit I agree with BJ about how to proceed with the annotations.jar.

Tom

Inactive hide details for BJ Hargrave---04/10/2014 06:49:08 AM---See  http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.gitBJ Hargrave---04/10/2014 06:49:08 AM---See  http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/osgi/os

From: BJ Hargrave/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Date: 04/10/2014 06:49 AM
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] branch for R6

See http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/osgi/osgi.annotation.jar. The projects build.properties includes it as an extra jar: http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/build.properties#n34

The org.osgi.annotation.versioning package is not a runtime package. Therefore, an OSGi framework must not include that package and must not export that package at runtime. People should also not compile against an OSGi framework implementation to get the OSGi packages.

Your project can do the same for osgi.annotation.jar as the org.eclipse.osgi project.