Re: [equinox-dev] Uses conflicts gone after "eclipse -clean":Why?

Hi all,

> The point is that in OSGi, resolution proceeds from the current wiring
> state, and sometimes a set of bundles would fail with a uses-constraint
> violation if installed on the top of the current wiring state. However
> if you're prepared to break apart and rewire the existing state, then a
> solution can often be found.

is there a way to force a rewiring upon an install of a bundle/feature?
We have a very nasty bundle upgrade problem that runs into uses
conflicts as another bundle (org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime)
overzealously claims that it exports version 0.0.0 of many, many
packages, some of which we require in a specific, different version.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)