[equinox-dev] Uses conflicts gone after "eclipse -clean":Why?

Hi all,

Pardon me if this is the wrong mailing list for this question, but as
there doesn't seem to be a dedicated equinox-users list, I hope you
don't mind if I ask here.

I have two features (one third-party, one of our own). If I install
first one of them into a fresh Eclipse (Luna M6, to be precise) and then
the other, some bundles from our own feature fail to resolve with a uses
conflict. The same thing happens if I change the order of installation
(but oddly enough not when I install both bundles at the same time.)

This uses conflict is resolvable, however. If I start Eclipse with
"-clean" it comes up with a perfectly fine solution that wires all the
bundles together without a uses conflict.

So here's my question: Is this a bug or simply a misconception of mine
about how Equinox performs its uses constraint solving? I would assume
that if a solution exists, which "-clean" does find, than it would also
get picked after an install.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--