[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] R6 httpservice update
- From: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 09:49:24 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Unison/2.1.10
On 2014-03-07 16:58:17 +0000,
3) Both orgs are already using Jetty...and are looking to continue this
I believe, the approaches are totally different from a technical point
of view. Thus bringing them together is not easiely possibly.
The Equinox HttpService is essentially just a servlet that runs in any
compatible container. It's shared between the servlet bridge and Jetty.
The Jetty version just launches an embedded Jetty server and hooks the
servlet into it. Thus, it's esentially single web app with a single
servlet. I think the Apache HttpService as a much more deeper
integration with Jetty. The configure different Jetty web apps /
contexts per HttpContext. But I could be wrong and this was with the
WFIW, all of the whiteboard enhancements of the R6 spec can be actually
implemented by an "extender" bundle. That could potentially be shared
between both worlds.