Re: [equinox-dev] R6 httpservice update

Hi Tom, Ray, others.

FWIW, I've been trying to understand the situation WRT HttpService at
Apache (Karaf, Felix)...and I just made a somewhat modest proposal [1].

To summarize this proposal...given that

1) there are likely lots of consumers of HttpService...many of them
interested in the rfc-189 enhancements
2) the Apache-based community is in a similar situation to the EF
community...of wanting to move to more recent/standards-compliant impls of
HttpService
3) Both orgs are already using Jetty...and are looking to continue this

My proposal:  it would help to coordinate work on this across
foundations/orgs, across corps, across projects...and thereby spread the
necessary work.  Further, it would/could reduce the individual 'stepping
up' that's required to get to a strong standards-compliant
implementation...perhaps more quickly.

I would offer to propose/push this idea at EclipseCon, but cannot...so
have to leave it as a bug in your respective ears.

Scott

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40felix.apache.org/msg15174.html