I think your work in the "bridged" environment fits well with our existing implementation of the HttpService.  Our implementation has a base bundle that implements the details of the HttpService, but the backing webcontainer implementation is left to something else (another bundle).  For example, we provide a separate bundle that uses jetty to implement the backing container.  This is what is used to serve up help in Eclipse.  But our base http service implementation can also be embedded in a "bridged" scenario with a WAR using any hosting JEE server.

I think it would be great to get your involvement in the project.  If you have some proof of concept code we can certainly work towards nominating you as a committer for ongoing work to develop an R6 HttpService implementation within the Equinox project.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Raymond Auge ---03/06/2014 02:19:24 PM---Hey guys, Some of you may be aware that I'm working on a verRaymond Auge ---03/06/2014 02:19:24 PM---Hey guys, Some of you may be aware that I'm working on a very prototypical (pre

From: Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/06/2014 02:19 PM
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] R6 httpservice update

Hey guys,

Some of you may be aware that I'm working on a very prototypical (pre alpha) impl of this.

It will be open source regardless. But I've been given permission to make the suggestion of offering this to bootstrap or at least as a thought experiment for a collaboration of this work (the impl is pretty fresh and so is open to any change at all). We'd certainly benefit from all the experience here.

Couple of caveats:

1) I'm not an Eclipse commiter but I already have to dedicate effort to both implementing and maintaining this long term (modularity being a key strategy for us) which could be of benefit to an sustained project under equinox.

2) Our impl is specifically geared to "bridged" environments. However, I think that it would be feasible to actually separate the part that's pure support of the OSGi side, from the part that either speaks to the bridge, or the embedded http server. Frankly that'd be ideal.

Anyway, it's just a thought!

- Ray