Re: [equinox-dev] R6 httpservice update

> There are no definite plans to implement the R6 httpservice
> implementation.
> But this is something I would like to see happen.

FWIW...me/us too.   For context:  we have remote service providers that
depend upon HttpService, and it would be very nice for those and other
providers to use the R6 HttpService updates as soon as possible.

We also have a pending contribution of a remote service provider that's
based upon/uses websockets [1] and would like to make that contribution
available to our consumers in Luna timeframe.

>In order for it to
> happen though we need an owner to step up to implement it.

Perhaps this could be done by multiple committers collaborating
cross-project rather than (e.g.) one equinox committer.   Perhaps also the
corporate members (others of which would probably also like to see
this...is my guess) could contribute support to such cross-project
collaboration.

>I know Gunnar
> showed interest, but I don't know if he is in the position to drive the
> implementation.

I don't know either.  Unfortunately I cannot commit to drive it
myself...I've got enough on my own plate already.  Although I can/would be
willing to contribute/collaborate.

>As for Luna, this cannot happen since the spec will not
> be
> done in time.

Is that true?   I was under the impression that the rfc-189 work would be
in R6.

>We would need to start in a branch that can be merged to
> master at an appropriate time for a release.

Sure.  Is this something that can/should be discussed at the
RT-PMC...and/or at upcoming EclipseCon?  Seems to me likely that many (at
least) runtime projects likely use HttpService...and so I suspect you and
I are not alone in wanting to see it happen.

Scott