Re: [equinox-dev] Simpler JavaFX class loading

a) My focus is actually Mars, Luna for now, not Kepler.

b) I don¹t care much about swt-embedding, I¹m going the other way.

c) Agreed. A FX specific profile makes sense. That requires another
property to ensure it gets loaded, but better than the magic extensions
property. But I haven¹t had much luck getting the profiles to do what I
want anyway. Adding the packages to org.osgi.framework.system.packages
doesn¹t seem to be enough or correct at all.

Thanks!
Doug.

On 2/25/2014, 12:00 PM, "Tom Schindl" <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a) Simply providing a fragment
>No. The problem is that JavaFX is on the ExtensionClasspath which is
>skipped by default on Equinox - maybe this changes with Luna?
>
>On Kepler there was an invalid OSGi-Switch who made this possible!
>Search the forum on a discussion how this could work.
>
>b) SWT-FX integration
>This would still have to be done using the hook because the
>swt-embedding is not on the classpath
>
>c) putting in the JavaSE1.8 profile sounds wrong - this is not JSRed API
>so if I'd ship an extra profile JavaSE-FX-1.8 which holds the packages.
>Another problem with this is that - believe me - many people have to
>access internal API so if you only export the public one you'll make
>many people not happy.
>
>Tom
>
>On 25.02.14 17:43, Alex Blewitt wrote:
>> Can you not just install a fragment to the system bundle that exports
>>the javafx packages?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>>
>>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 16:15, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>> I¹m aware of the work Tom S has done with class loading hooks to get
>>>JavaFX classes to load. I¹m just wondering if there are easier
>>>approaches we could be following, something we can put in the
>>>JavaSE-1.8.profile file or somewhere else so that we can make this a
>>>more data driven approach. It¹s a pain to have to set the
>>>osgi.framework.extensions property for every product we want to build
>>>with JavaFX support. I¹m aware that not every 1.8 VM will have JavaFX
>>>in it, but for those that do, I¹d love to see this support enabled
>>>automagicly. Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Doug.