Re: [equinox-dev] Stability of the New AdaptorHook API

Glad to hear the hooks are working for you!  I don't have any plans to make breaking changes during M5 or onward.  But you never know what may come up before API freeze.  BTW, this is not really considered API, but a kind of SPI that hooks into some deep internal implementation details of the framework.  For 8 releases I was able to maintain compatibility for the old hooks, but at some point they needed to change significantly to make progress in the framework implementation.  While I don't intend to make breaking changes each release it is possible that we may need to in a future release some time.

If I do make breaking changes I will announce them on the cross project mailing list.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Tom Schindl ---12/18/2013 06:57:41 AM---Hi, I've already tried to port the e(fx)clipse AdapterHooks fTom Schindl ---12/18/2013 06:57:41 AM---Hi, I've already tried to port the e(fx)clipse AdapterHooks for JavaFX to

From: Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 12/18/2013 06:57 AM
Subject: [equinox-dev] Stability of the New AdaptorHook API

I've already tried to port the e(fx)clipse AdapterHooks for JavaFX to
the new AdaptorHook API provided as part of Luna (and succeeded!) but it
looks like this API is still in the flux.

Can I expect it to be stableized so that I can expect it to not get
broken no more - I know the API-freeze is not done yet. I just wanted to
getting your (Tom W) on it.

Thanks

Tom