[equinox-dev] Class visibility without declared dependency

Hi,

In the old framework I could use the ClassLoaderDelegateHook
to make aspect classes visible to those base classes into which
I'm weaving calls to the aspect. This is necessary, because
only the aspect knows about its base, not vice versa.

For Luna with the new WeavingHook all I can see is

  wovenClass.getDynamicImports().add(somePackage)

This does, however, not work for packages that are not exported
from the aspect bundle. In fact most of the aspects are never
exported, because they're not meant to be called from source code.

Additionally, in the old hook I had the option to expose individual
classes, not packages. I didn't yet use this power, but to enforce
that the synthetic dependency is indeed only ever used for the
synthetic aspect calls this would be valuable in the future.
So if a class-based mechanism is available I'd always prefer that
over a package based mechanism.

Any ideas how I could make this work in the new framework?

Thinking more about it, in the future I _could_ request that
aspects actually declare the corresponding base as x-friends, but
(a) this is redundant information, easy to run out-of-sync, and
(b) it would be an incompatible change, and
(c) I don't know how the runtime could detect when a package added
    to dynamic imports is *not* exported.
Thus, if there's any way around this, I certainly prefer *not*
to require such x-friends export at source level. If that could
be added on-the-fly this might be another viable solution.

thanks,
Stephan

Back to the top