This support is not really extensible except for the fact that the openFile option eventually fires a SWT.OpenDocument event.  I think the Eclipse IDE has its own SWT listener that takes the action to actually open the file in the workbench, but your own RCP application could decide to do something else.  I suspect you are wanting this to work in an environment where the Eclipse IDE is running and so that is why you want different launcher 'actions'.  This is not possible today and I suspect will require a number of changes to native launcher, SWT and possibly the workbench to make it so.

Tom

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fproduct_open_file.htm

Inactive hide details for Andrew Eisenberg ---05/15/2013 03:39:36 PM---Hi all, Not sure if this is the right list to ask this qAndrew Eisenberg ---05/15/2013 03:39:36 PM---Hi all, Not sure if this is the right list to ask this question, so if not,

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/15/2013 03:39 PM
Subject: [equinox-dev] launcher.openFile extensible?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right list to ask this question, so if not,
please let me know where I should be asking.

The launcher.openFile feature allows you to open a file in an eclipse
instance from the command line.  I'm wondering if this feature is
extensible.  For example, something like 'eclipse
--launcher.importProject' would import an existing project into an
eclipse instance.  'eclipse --launcher.createProject' would create a
project, etc.  To implement this, would I need to touch the native
launcher libraries, or could I get away with making changes to java
files only?

thanks,
Andrew