From:        Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        2013/04/18 12:29
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] PermissionInfoCollection issues with perms cloning
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

PS: We were not loading our permissions from a standard policy file. Hence how we ended up with what we have.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, I stand corrected. After looking at the code for PolicyParser it seems the 0, 1, 2 rule is indeed the case.

Other documentation seems to have implied that an arbitrary number of constructor arguments were acceptable:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/crypto/CryptoSpec.html#AppA

However, I guess each of these different policy files must have it's own parser.

Sorry about my confusion.

- Ray

Thx

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM, BJ Hargrave <hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Essentially the PermissionInfoCollection.addPermissions method
> attempts to create a "copy" of the permission for the purpose adding
> to it's collection.

Also, to be clear, there is no copying going on here. The code needs to construct a Permission object from the information in the PermissionInfo. The PermissionInfo contains the class name of the permission type with 0, 1 or 2 String arguments for the constructor. This very much the same as would be done by the Policy object to create permissions based upon the grant information in the policy file.
--

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM

Raymond Augé  | Senior Software Architect | Liferay, Inc.

---
24-25 October 2012 | Liferay Spain Symposium | liferay.com/spain2012
16 November 2012 | Liferay Italy Symposium | liferay.com/italy2012