Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Subprojects

The different RT projects actually operate as separate projects. Virgo, for example, has its builds, downloads, website, etc.

The Equinox subprojects, however, do not operate as  separate projects. They operate as ACLs. p2 is a bit of an exception, but still leverages much from the parent project (which is fine).

I would like to kill off the inactive project in the short term it appears to provide no value.

I would like to kill off the "website" project as it's existence is an ugly hack that is a bogus project that skews our numbers. However, there's no particular urgency to do this. I'm keen to help sort out a reasonable alternative.

I'm sceptical of the value of the other subprojects (besides p2 and the incubator). But I leave it the project and PMC discretion to decide what to do.

There is no urgency on my part to split p2 from Equinox. Since p2 depends on Equinox for builds and downloads, the split does represent some work. I leave it to the parties involved to decide if it is worth the investment.

Wayne