Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox, PDE and packages from the ExtensionClasspath (e.g. JavaFX)

Am 14.11.12 08:13, schrieb Gunnar Wagenknecht:
> Am 14.11.2012 01:30, schrieb Neil Bartlett:
>> I really feel that the problem is in the launcher, so that's where it
>> needs to be fixed, i.e. by setting the osgi.parentClassloader=app system
>> property.
>
> I agree. So the wrong property is only used if the Equinox is launched
> using the binary executable or also when launched using "java -jar
> org.eclipse.osgi..."?

Please note that we can't simply change the launcher to use the
ext-classpath because then we'd most likely break other Eclipse plugins!
We only change the classpath for a specific fragment. At least this is
how I interpreted Tom Watsons suggestion to use the above format.

> I think the dilema is that anything that requires a "fix" will make
> adoption harder because people won't be able to use released versions
> (eg., Juno) for JavaFX development. Is that correct?

Right. I could live with the fact that Juno SR2 introduces support for
such a custom header and people are required to use that one - the more
eclipse version can be supported the better in general.

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top