Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox, PDE and packages from the ExtensionClasspath (e.g. JavaFX)

Am 13.11.12 23:42, schrieb BJ Hargrave:
>> > Fragment-Host: system.bundle; extension:=extclasspath
>>
>> Would this extension:=extclasspath cause problems to other
>> OSGi-Implementations like e.g. felix?
>
> A compliant framework should reject this manifest since the standard
> directive does not specify a valid value.
>
> If you are thinking of having a non-standard, Equinox-specific value for
> a standard directive, why not just add an Equinox-specific manifest
> header or Equinox-specific directive?

Because Equinox already supports it this way and if the change is coming
with Java7u something we need to use what is already in the framework.

> Fragment-Host: system.bundle; x-appclasspath:=ext

I'm all for having such a framework specific option, if I got Neil and
Tom right only equinox has this strange setting that it does not consult
the extension classpath and has to be forced in this direction. So if
equinox is willing to implement it, I'll happily use it but if I have
the choice of:
a) can't run at all on equinox
b) only work on equinox

I'll go for b). Users of other frameworks would have to create their own
fragment, not the prefered solution but well.

> This does not sound like it would work in general anyway. What happens
> when the framework is launched from code whose classpath does not
> include ext? I assume the option here is either use the bootclasscloader
> for the parent of the classloader used to load the framework or use the
> current classloader for the parent of the classloader used to load the
> framework.

I let Tom Watson comment on this.

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top