Re: [equinox-dev] Java8 and JavaFX8

Hi Neil & Tom,

Am 07.11.12 00:44, schrieb Neil Bartlett:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Yes I'd like to join the IRC chat.

Great so it's up to Tom W to set a date. I'm available the this and the
complete next week in the afternoon/night my time (central europe).

> We will need to define new Execution Envs for the Java 8 compact
> profiles, if and when they are specified by the JCP. This is something

I don't think JavaFX will be spec'ed in on of those :-( the only thing I
know is the JavaFX is expected to run with Compact 1 (the smallest
profile available)

> for the OSGi CPEG to look into. I don't think it makes sense for users
> to define their own EEs. I guess PDE should be taking the values of
> "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" and
> "org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra" into account? Bndtools
> already does this, incidentally... ;-)

Unfortunately PDE does not do that, so once we know how the runtime
integration works I can go to PDE and provide them patches so that
things also work with PDE.

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top