I imagine you will need to have a framework extension bundle for JavaFX that defines the packages that need to be exported from the javafx namespace.  If such a bundle is installed using p2 I think you can associate a configuration unit that defines the configuration osgi.frameworkParentClassloader=ext must be set for the installation.

So for the Java 8 execution environment profile we would not include the javafx packages as exported automatically by the system bundle.  Instead additional configuration of the framework is required in order to make the use of the extension class loader and export the javafx package.  I can think of some other rather nasty hacks that could be done by using equinox framework hooks.  But I would like to avoid such hacks.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Tom Schindl ---11/06/2012 01:59:27 PM---For RCP that would work. The problem is that people might useTom Schindl ---11/06/2012 01:59:27 PM---For RCP that would work. The problem is that people might use it in an existing OSGi app like the Ec

From: Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/06/2012 01:59 PM
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Java8 and JavaFX8

For RCP that would work. The problem is that people might use it in an existing OSGi app like the Eclipse IDE and there we probably should and can not modify it.

The really problem is caused by Oracle but i'd really don't want to suffer our users from it. Do you have time for an IRC session this or next week to discuss possible solutions?

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 06.11.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Thomas Watson <