Re: [equinox-dev] Java8 and JavaFX8

Hi Mike,

myself, Steve and others are currently discussing in a mail-thread and
I'm trying to find a way through the jungle ;-) There's no decision (at
least what an outsider knows) yet the first the idea was to put it on
the bootclasspath, now it is lib/ext.

I've just started exploring today what lib/ext would mean to us (OSGi
users) and found out that it will cause us more trouble I first thought
it would. Before we (Equinox and maybe broader OSGi community) - looks
like I'm one of the few who cares about that - have understood the
problems and how we can address them I don't want to go on the openjfx list.

I hope to isolate the problem and actions we'll have to take for a)
(bootclasspath) or b) (extclasspath). Naturally we can live better with
a) but going to Oracle saying that they have to do a) to not break OSGi
and later on someone steps up saying that b) would have been possible is
not good - this naturally pretends that a) can be done which is probably
beyond javafx' influence.

I'm not sure who is in charge of the javafx into jre classpath
integration which would certainly help to get us all together and having
a defined timeline when we can expect it to happen, so that we can give
feedback on ea builds.

Tom