Re: [equinox-dev] org.xml.sax

Hi Ray,

I think the issue is in the org.apache.jasper.glassfish bundle that is repackaged by the orbit project.  This bundle must import the package org.xml.sax if it uses that package.  This situation must also fail on felix.  In fact I would expect it to fail by default in felix also unless you are setting the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation configuration property to include the org.xml.sax package.  I suspected in equinox that you were setting the framework configuration property osgi.compatibility.bootdelegation=false (by default this configuration property is set to true in equinox).  When this option is set to true then the bundle class loader does a last resort delegation to the boot class loader before throwing a class not found.  Because this option is set to true by default must be why we are not seeing this CNFE when running eclipse help in Juno.

If I am understanding your situation correctly it seems to be a bug in the org.apache.jasper.glassfish bundle maintained in orbit.  If you agree, please open a bug against orbit at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Orbit

Thanks.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Raymond Auge ---09/12/2012 09:34:39 PM---Forgive me Tomas if I'm misunderstanding, I don't think the Raymond Auge ---09/12/2012 09:34:39 PM---Forgive me Tomas if I'm misunderstanding, I don't think the issue is actually with Equinox in any way. I just think there may b

Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/12/2012 09:34 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] org.xml.sax

Forgive me Tomas if I'm misunderstanding,

I don't think the issue is actually with Equinox in any way. I just think there may be a different assumption in the Felix defaults compared to Equinox. Obviously there is no issue in Glassfish with this bundle, but under Equinox these are considered missing imports.

I was simply trying to understand the behavior. Your statement however, that these packages should be imported, leads me to believe that the problem lies with glassfish's jasper bundle.

I solved the issue by attaching a fragment bundle to the jasper bundle which included the missing imports and that solved that problem.

Thanks,
- Ray