Re: [equinox-dev] About the fwk rewrite

For configuration, I would prefer any merging and discovery of configuration files to be done outside of the framework.  EclipseStarter is still contained in the org.eclipse.osgi jar only for historical purposes, but I would rather that bit of the code all live in the launcher and it is the only thing that reads the configuration file directly and installs the initial set of bundles.  I'm not focusing on that bit of the launch flow right now because I think it will distract us from focusing on the actual framework implementation.  Right now the framework gets configuration through standard OSGi means (using the org.osgi.framework.launch API).

EclipseStarter (and the equinox launcher) read the configuration pass it to the framework and initialize the framework.  It also installs the initial bundles from the osgi.bundles list and it takes over the main thread to run the eclipse application.  This is all stuff that must remain outside the actual framework implementation.  And just to be clear, I don't consider EclipseStarter to be part of the Framework implementation.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---09/04/2012 08:34:04 PM---On 2012-09-04, at 10:23 AM, Thomas Watson wrote: I will Pascal Rapicault ---09/04/2012 08:34:04 PM---On 2012-09-04, at 10:23 AM, Thomas Watson wrote: I will be working on documenting the goals and design of the generic model ove

Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

09/04/2012 08:34 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] About the fwk rewrite