[equinox-dev] extending the classpath of an embedded Framework

Hello All,

In have an application with a large number of jars. Within that application I am initializing an embedded Framework instance.

Now, suppose I want to allow access to a subset of the packages available to the application which originate from the jars at hand (the actual osgi bundles deployed are mutually exclusive from the jars of the application).

In other words I'd like to effectively increase the classes available by building up a classpath of jars I want to expose as packages via the system bundle.

I built a mechanism (which I rather hate) which collects packages from a list of named jars, and passes this to the framework via the "org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra" property. It's clunky and there has to be a better solution.

I had then hoped the property "osgi.frameworkClassPath" defined here http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fruntime-options.html  could have solved the issue for me.

However, that property doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the juno source code, or it's use is so obfuscated that I can't find where it's might be, nor is it having any effect.

Am I making any sense?
Thoughts on how to handle this?

--
Raymond Augé  | Senior Software Architect | Liferay, Inc.

---

8-9 October 2012 | Liferay North America Symposium | liferay.com/northamerica2012

16-17 October 2012 | Liferay Europe Symposium | liferay.com/europe2012

24-25 October 2012 | Liferay Spain Symposium | liferay.com/spain2012

Back to the top