[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] Bundle-BuddyPolicy vs. Eclipse-BuddyPolicy
- From: Libor Jelinek <ljelinek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:11:22 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hi Equinox developers,
I would like to ask you for clarification about state ofÂEquinox-specific's Eclipse-BuddyPolicy header vs. Bundle-BuddyPolicy.
I'm having a debate with Ceki Gulcu (a great man behind Log4J and Logback) whether OSGi-fied Logback bundle should include or not include Eclipse-BuddyPolicy in its MANIFEST.MF.
This is just a one of methods how to contribute logback.xml at runtime.ÂBut there was an opinion at logback-dev mailinglist that Eclipse-BuddyPolicy is somehow deprecated are there is "more standard" OSGi Bundle-BuddyPolicy for the same purpose.ÂUnfortunatelyÂI can't find any info about this header at osgi.org
Methods are summarized by me at at .
1) Is Eclipse-BuddyPolicy deprecated or not recommended?
2) What's the meaning and state of Bundle-BuddyPolicy?
3) Is Bundle-BuddyPolicy really OSGi standard header for this purpose?
Hezky den / Have a nice day
VIRTAGE SOFTWARE // software - design - web
Lucni 542 // 285 04 Uhlirske Janovice // Czech Republic
support: +420 315 555 488 // cell: +420 777 205 142
email/jabber: ljelinek@xxxxxxxxxxx // web: www.virtage.com
Visit our developer adventures at http://devblog.virtage.com!