From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Raymond Auge
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:40 AM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] juno drops and gogo

Ok, I finally got it working, with some debugging that lead me to learn you need:

-Dosgi.console.enable.builtin=true

(or set as a Framework property) in order to get a console.

However, unlike previous versions (pre-juno) there is no base shell whatsoever. This means that you cannot interactively install the more advanced gogo shell from the command line.

This does nothing:

java -jar equinox-SDK-3.8RC4/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.0.v20120529-1548.jar -console

This does nothing:

java -jar equinox-SDK-3.8RC4/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.0.v20120529-1548.jar -Dosgi.console.enable.builtin=true

The second scenario which is the "new and improved" configuration, which won't actually do anything until there is actually a console bundle implementation available, but you can't install the console bundle(s) because there is no shell.

Wouldn't this make bootstrapping a bare instance impossible?

Can someone correct me on this? Maybe I've missed something.

Sincerely,

--
Raymond Augé  | Senior Software Architect | Liferay, Inc.

---

8-9 October 2012 | Liferay North America Symposium | liferay.com/northamerica2012

16-17 October 2012 | Liferay Europe Symposium | liferay.com/europe2012

24-25 October 2012 | Liferay Spain Symposium | liferay.com/spain2012

Back to the top