[equinox-dev] Adding unbundled JARs to OSGi

I am trying to convert a legacy project top OSGi, and I've got a bunch of
3rd party JARs that are not OSGi bundles I need to reference.
What is really the best way to do this?

I found some of them (but not all of them) as OSGi bundles at
http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle

I tried wrap protocol
http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxurl/Wrap+Protocol
but couldn't get it work (if anyone has a working example of that it would
be great).

I really don't want to maintain my own repository of wrapped JARs.

I read the article
"Exposing the boot classpath in OSGi"

http://blog.springsource.org/2009/01/19/exposing-the-boot-classpath-in-osgi
/

I think this is the way I'd prefer to go.
However I can't seem to add anything to the classpath.
I tried setting the CLASSPATH env var, and also using the -cp flag
but neither worked.  When I log System.getProperty("java.class.path")
I just see org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.2.v20120110-1415.jar.
I am running equinox like this
$ java -jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.2.v20120110-1415.jar -console

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dan

Back to the top