Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox relaunch

On 9/26/11 9:40 AM, Thomas Watson wrote:

To be clear, the shutdown -> init -> launch commands are not spec'ed. They are equinox console commands of which init -> launch are only possible because the console is currently built into Equinox. Once we refactor the console out into a separate bundle, shutting down the framework will also shutdown the console and leave you with a shutdown framework and now way to relaunch it unless you have a launcher that will do it somehow.

As an aside, I just added this capability to the Felix framework launcher, which turned out to be fairly straightforward. Just check the event type of the Framework.waitForStop() method and just loop if it was updated. The only hiccup that I could see is that the original Gogo keeps running until you give it a command, at which point it errors due to an invalid bundle context and then the restarted Gogo shell takes over and everything starts to work again. I'm sure you could do the same for Equinox.

-> richard

But you question is still valid. In my opinion the start level should be set back to 1 after running the launch command (or to the beginning start level configuration option). From command line you can set this with the command "setfwsl X" with X being the start-level you want the framework set back to. You should probably open a bug to capture this, but I don't think we will be able to do much in the long run since we plan to extract the console out into a separate bundle. This is the work Lazar has been doing in the incubator.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Todorova, Katya"
          ---09/24/2011 08:30:04 AM---Hi guys,"Todorova, Katya" ---09/24/2011 08:30:04 AM---Hi guys,

"Todorova, Katya" <katya.todorova@xxxxxxx>

09/24/2011 08:30 AM

[equinox-dev] Equinox relaunch

Hi guys,

What's the expected behavior of calling consecutively framework shutdown -> init -> launch?
I tried doing it command line and the equinox's final state is "starting" (sl is 0). Shouldn't it be "active" (at sl 1) according to the spec?

Thanks,
Katya