[equinox-dev] Custom manifest headers

Hello,

I was experimenting with some bundles on Equinox and Felix and I observed a case when one and the same bundle would start on Felix, but not on Equinox. The reason was a custom manifest header, Eclipse-GenericRequire. Since this is Eclipse-specific header, Felix ignores it and starts the bundle, although there is no bundle providing such capability. Equinox detects that no bundle provides the capability and does not start the bundle.

I was wondering doesn’t this represent an incompatibility between the OSGi implementations?

Regards,

Lazar

Back to the top