Re: [equinox-dev] Git repo and the incubator

I think you have two points:

1) One big incubator git repo for all of equinox may not be the best approach. Should we split the content out to separate git repos? If so should the git repos used for incubator code be restricted to incubator committers or can we simply merge the content into one of the other git repos.

2) We need to showcase the other things we are doing in Equinox. I'm not convinced moving around the incubator code into different git repos does anything on that front.

I'm not sure what the implications are if we move the incubator into the proper equinox work area git repositories. It seems we would have to have a blanket graduation of all the incubator committers to the individual work areas of Equinox. I do not think that is a good idea. I am also concerned about the process for adding more incubator committers. Right now we view the incubator as a low entry point for new committers and are much more flexible in nominating and voting them in. Would we still be able to hold such a vote if we don't really have an acls to control access?

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---06/21/2011 08:23:18 AM---If I understand everything correctly, the current proposPascal Rapicault ---06/21/2011 08:23:18 AM---If I understand everything correctly, the current proposal for the structure of git repos is to have one git repo per unix user

Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/21/2011 08:23 AM

[equinox-dev] Git repo and the incubator

If I understand everything correctly, the current proposal for the structure of git repos is to have one git repo per unix user group.
In our case this means that we will have one equinox repo, one p2 repo, a few others and one incubator repo.

As much as I understand the motivation behind this, I would like to discuss the dissolution of the incubator repo and instead see each relevant bit be moved to a more appropriate git repo. I think this will help showcase the other things we are working on and see that we are just not a framework.

I know that this does not mesh with our way of segregating committers, but on the other hand I have a hard time imagining someone who is given commit rights on the incubator part of the repo to go and mess around in the rest of the code.

wdyt?

PaScaL