Re: [equinox-dev] Bootdelegation issue

Hmm. In theory this *should* work if you set the parent classloader to
app (because you have put the library you want on the application
classpath). Or you could add the library to the bootclasspath with
-Xbootclasspath.

However, why are you doing it this way? Assuming the library has to
live "outside" OSGi then it is better to export it via the system
bundle (i.e. using org.osgi.framework.system.packages[.extra]), and
then allow bundles to import it in the ordinary way.

This is better because it doesn't hide the dependency away inside the
bundle... if your bundle depends on certain packages being visible via
bootdelegation, how is the deployer of the bundle supposed to know
that?

Cheers
Neil