Re: [equinox-dev] Framework.start() - synchronous?

Ben, be aware that just because bundles are in state=started services are not necessarily already exposed/available or even remain available all the time.

Not sure if i got your question wrong but make sure you see Bundle Layer and Service Layer as totally different things. For service interaction, prefer an event based mechanism and higher level dependency injection frameworks ( Declarative Services,Peaberry, Blueprint,Felix DM e.g.).

Toni