Re: [equinox-dev] Framework.start() - synchronous?

In Equinox this will happen synchronously when you call start.  All bundles marked for start which have their start-level met should have been started by the time the Framework.start() method returns.

Tom

-----equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

To: <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ben Cox <ben_cox_21@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/11/2011 10:08AM
Subject: [equinox-dev] Framework.start() - synchronous?

Hi All,

I'm starting Equinox through the launching API - I get a Framework from a FrameworkFactory, do Framework.init(), do some install()s and start()s of my bundles and then do Framework.start(). I then proceed to do a bit of interaction with the framework from the launching code once Framework.start() has completed. However, I'm not entirely sure if Framework.start() is synchronous - i.e. if I'm getting services that are registered in my bundles' Activators, will they definitely be registered by the time Framework.start() has completed?

Sorry if this is written loud and clear somewhere in the specification, but I have trawled it! :D

Many thanks,
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx