Re: [equinox-dev] Plans to replace the Console with GoGo for Indigo

We also must consider the amount of work it would take to extract the console out and test it properly. I am reluctant to do any of that work when we want to eventually replace the console implementation with the gogo shell and a bundle that bridges the old equinox command implementations to the new shell.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Jeff McAffer ---12/02/2010 09:37:45 AM---The disadvantage is usability. Right now you get equinox andJeff McAffer ---12/02/2010 09:37:45 AM---The disadvantage is usability. Right now you get equinox and run with -console and its all good. If we break it out you'll ha

Jeff McAffer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

12/02/2010 09:37 AM

Re: [equinox-dev] Plans to replace the Console with GoGo for Indigo

The disadvantage is usability. Right now you get equinox and run with -console and its all good. If we break it out you'll have to get two bundles and make sure that the console bundle is started...

We have thought about shipping two setups, one with the console and one without. That might work but we need to consider consumer confusion (which one do I get, which one do I have, ...) and the work required to setup/maintain the build.

Perhaps the new starter kit direction we've been exploring could offer some help...

Anyway, there is a lot of pressure to improve ease of use so we need to keep that in mind through these changes.

Jeff