Re: [equinox-dev] List of installable units or log - using p2 director to automate Subclipse, M2eclipse, and M2eclipse Extra for OpenMRS developers

Hi Shenol and friends:

Thank you again for all your wonderful help.

In fact, I have mocked up a composite repository:
http://openmrs-composite-update-site.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
which seems to work as indicated (it is on google code at the moment until I
get the kinks ironed out). In fact,
I have associated sites on the main update site:
http://openmrs-composite-update-site.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/update/
which _should_ work with pre-3.5 Eclipse versions as well, except the
m2eclipse update site currently seems broken for these sites (at least on
Ubuntu 10.04 amd64, I have documented this pretty well in case interested in
this thread
http://openmrs-mailing-list-archives.1560443.n2.nabble.com/which-version-of-Eclipse-do-we-expect-developers-to-have-plug-in-repo-td5536558.html#a5536558
with Eclipse 3.3.2, 3.4, 3.4 RC2).

In any case, I am still toying with the idea of a complementary all-in-one
installer:
http://code.google.com/p/openmrs-eclipse-installer/

This document:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_api_overview.htm?view=co
has been quite helpful, and my installer seems to work fine on Helios, but,
to my big surprise, this API seems not to be present on Galileo.

Somewhat oddly (to me) the relevant reference to the Update Manager API on
Galileo:
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/update/core/package-summary.html
is marked as deprecated. I don't easily see a replacement API present, so, I
am left to wonder, as I need to support Galileo in my implementation - am I
missing something or is the Update Manager API indeed the best/only way to
install features from a plug-in in Galileo?

Thank you very much
Yours
Misha

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/List-of-installable-units-or-log---using-p2-director-to-automate-Subclipse%2C-M2eclipse%2C-and-M2eclipse-Extra-for-OpenMRS-developers-tp29693317p29749474.html
Sent from the Equinox - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Back to the top