[equinox-dev] Accessing the equinox console as a service

Hello,

I want to provide a remote access to the console commands via a
service (we use equinox as a headless server runtime along with Spring
DM).
We don't want to go through telnet (for security reasons and in order
to use the existing JMS and/or http transports provided by the
application)

This service would simply receive a command (like 'ss', etc.) and
return the output.

So, on the server/runtime side I need something like:
String output = myConsoleService.execute(myCommand);
or myConsoleService(myCommand,myOutputStream);

As far as I could see there is no easy way to plug into the console
and call it programatically.
Did I miss something?
Is there a recommended approach?
Or should I hack the existing stream based implementation?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Back to the top