Re: [equinox-dev] How much of the R4.2 spec is implemented in Equinox

I'm having issues posting to the forum (where I would prefer to answer this).

The first two lists look correct. Taking a look at the third list:

[*] UPnP Device Service - Not implemented

[*] Remote Services - Not in Equinox. Implemented in ECF at Eclipse RT

[*] Deployment Admin - Not implemented

[*] Auto Configuration - Not implemented

[*] Application Admin - Implemented in the Equinox application container (org.eclipse.equinox.app)

[*] DMT Admin Service - Not implemented

[*] Monitor Admin Service - Not implemented

[*] Foreign Application Access - Not implemented

[*] Blueprint Container - Not in Equinox. Implemented in Gemini at Eclipse RT

[*] Tracker - implemented as part of the org.osgi.util.tracker package. Included in org.eclipse.osgi

[*] XML Parser Service - implemented on VMs that include JAXP (J2SE 1.4 or higher). Included in the org.eclipse.osgi. For embedded VM I know eRCP project at Eclipse RT has implementations available.

[*] Position - implemented as part of the org.osgi.util.position package. Included in the org.eclipse.osgi.util bundle.

[*] Measurement and State - implemented as part of the org.osgi.util.measurement package. Included in the org.eclipse.osgi.util bundle

[*] Execution Environment - No one really implemented really implements this. The VM provides the execution environment and the framework is responsible for the following. Validating Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment. Setting various org.osgi.framework properties to reflect the execution environment. Export the non-java.* packages included in the running execution environment from the system bundle. This is implemented by org.eclipse.osgi.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Jens Lauterbach ---04/05/2010 04:00:08 PM---Hello,Jens Lauterbach ---04/05/2010 04:00:08 PM---Hello,

Jens Lauterbach <jens.lauterbach@xxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/05/2010 04:00 PM

[equinox-dev] How much of the R4.2 spec is implemented in Equinox

Hello,

I hope hope I am at the right place. I've asked the following question(s) in the forums  and on irc but never got a answer so I am trying it here.

Right now I am working on a paper in which I am comparing Equinox, Felix and Knopflerfish in terms of OSGi 4.2 compliance.

Therefor I looked around on the Equinox page and found some clues:

If I am correct it seems like all of the core specs are fully implemented. Is that correct?

Core:

• Security Layer
• Module Layer
• Life Cycle Layer
• Service Layer
• Framework API
• Package Admin Service
• Start Level Servcie
• Conditional Permission Admin Service
• URL Handlers Service
• Service Hooks

According to the "bundles" page the following Compendium specs are fully implemented:

• Log Service
• Http Service
• Device Access
• Configuration Admin Service
• Metatype Service
• Preferences Service
• User Admin Service
• Wire Admin Service
• IO Connector Service
• Initial Provisioning
• Declarative Services
• Event Admin Service

So I'm curious about the other specs not listed on this page:

• UPnP Device Service
• Remote Services
• Deployment Admin
• Auto Configuration
• Application Admin
• DMT Admin Service
• Monitor Admin Service
• Foreign Application Access
• Blueprint Container
• Tracker
• XML Parser Service
• Position
• Measurement and State
• Execution Environment

Which of them are implemented right now (4.2 spec)?

You can also find this question in the forums:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=524932&#msg_524932

Best regards
Jens