Re: [equinox-dev] Re: [GSoC] Restlet integration with Equinox

Hi Jerome, Scott and all,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Jerome Louvel <jerome.louvel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Scott, Rajeev and all,

Thanks for your interest Rajeev in this GSoC project.

Scott, it seems that the integration of Restlet with ECF could give you with fully-featured server-side REST support. This would also be a nice use case for the GSoC "Restlet integration with Equinox" project.

I've recently created a wiki page for this project. Maybe we could propose another GSoC project for this specific topic?

"ECF integration"
http://wiki.restlet.org/developers/172-restlet/350-restlet.html

Otherwise, Restlet 2.0 (currently in RC stage) fully supports asynchronous request processing on both server-side and client-side so it looks like a good fit for your ECF requirements. It also nicely integrates with Jetty 7.0.

Thanks Scott and Jerome, for your responses.

However, now the situation is becoming somewhat complicated to me.

The intent of the original idea is to provide full Restlet integration with Equinox, but what ECF needs seems to be only the server specific part. So there seems to be some redundant work from ECF's point of view (if I haven't misunderstood the situation).

Does it mean that these should be two related but separate projects?  (to me, now it sounds like so.)
Also, if the original idea (posted in GSoC idea list) gets selected, which project will it actually belong to?

So I'd really appreciate your ideas to resolve this.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajeev

Back to the top